Monday, January 01, 2024

Anglesey Abbey

Firstly a happy New Year. A few things to look forward to. I'll pass 900 churches finally and I hope to get to the Leicester/Northampton area.

The forecast was promising for this morning so I headed to Anglesey Abbey. 

The obligatory scone.


I saw some snowdrops yesterday by the side of the road,



Now this is a surprise! There is a spot that is in the sun that often has a daffodil but this is not it and there were a few.











This is the normal spot...


















A few roses still.















Madness eh



A really nice walk. It was starting to get busy so I headed home. 

I had a wander locally and there were 56 Canada Geese!!!



2 comments:

Ragged Robin said...

Lovely to see the snowdrops but daffodils at the beginning of January?! Heck - seasons have gone to pot :(
Wishing you a Happy and Healthy New Year Pete.

The Wessex Reiver said...

A Happy New Year to you both. (A little late, sorry). I've daffodils out now, have been since Christmas, a variety called January Gold. Fair cheers the days up. Lovely photographs, I do like trees in winter, their structure visible against the sky.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.