Sunday, January 07, 2024

Some local birds

I've walked a fair amount but it is very quiet. I did see a small flock of siskins at the end of last year. The highlight has been the large number of Canada Geese which I've already mentioned. And yes I ought to go to one of my local reserves.


I love you mallards but is the a chance you could bring one of your cousins along? In almost 4 years my various ponds have thrown up one female Mandarin duck! I honestly thought something would have shown up over winter! 






This Robin was in good voice! 



The foals being mischievous! They really look like they need a nice wash :)



2 comments:

Ragged Robin said...

Super photos of your local wildlife and you are really fortunate to have such a lovely walk close to home Pete. I always enjoy the ponies and wildlife you see there. School hols should be over so NT places etc should be quieter from now on :)

The Wessex Reiver said...

Hopefully this colder spell will bring other waterfowl into the ponds.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.