Thursday, October 19, 2023

Chipping Campden, Hidcote and Sezincote

As I was eating breakfast the heavens opened but as I walked to the car I could see sunshine to the west s I headed to Chipping Campden and the might St James.



For all of its architecture and monuments St James has two treasures that elevate it to must visit status

The first is a collection of 15th century alter frontals
















The second is the 1400 priests cope. Both are original to the church and I think the only such survivals in England... I am happy to be proved wrong! 



So next stop Hidcote and obligatory scone picture :)


You know the score arts and crafts garden...rooms..... :) I've been here a few times this year. The staff is really pushing the prebook before 1pm or you might get turned away. 































I wandered a few miles to Sezincote. It is not a "flower" garden and it often looks better this time of year. I'm not sure 








































As the weather was drawing in I walked back to the car. I had just got in when the heavens opened. Only lasted 5 minutes but really rained. Still a relaxing day


1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

I've actually been to that church ! - a very brief visit when I visited the town with my daughter. Missed the priest's cope though did see the altar frontals. Good to see Hidcote again and the gardens at the second place lookk super.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.