Monday, July 10, 2023

Local Wildlife

I'm going to be visiting other places ;) for the rest of the week so a quick catch up on the local wildlife.

There are 3 ducklings on the Coalport pond, they are growing quite well I am pleased to see.




We also have 5 moorhen chicks! 




One of the 4 goslings at the New Hall pond


And the cootlets are doing well



After the 4 ducklings fledged I think there are two broods of ducklings at New Hall but today with my camera present.... nothing LOL There are plenty of places for them to hide.

There is a smallish pond in someones garden when I walk out of Harlow the other side of Harlow Common. a few weeks back I saw 14 ducklings but the position meant I didn't expect them to survive.... but 4 seem to be doing fine and are growing! 



Mum!


I am going to say Small Skipper as the very ends of the antenna aren't black. ... happy to be corrected



Running to Mum


Hello Mum





And the two ducklings on the common pond are growing up well! 



And finally the ducklings closest to my house at Coalport.






1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Its lovely to see your ducklings, cootlets, moorhens and goslings growing up Pete. Oh! The dreaded Small/Essex Skipper debate! I think you are right its a Small Skpper - Essex have antennae ends that look as though dipped in black ink!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.