Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Ah the English weather

I will apologise in advance for the mass of photos..

The forecast was distinctly risky for today but I headed to Hidcote a lovely arts and crafts garden near Chipping Campden. It is famous and influential of its type and was created by Lawrence Johnston. For me the highlight was my first Hummingbird Hawkmoth of the year. There MAY have been two but they do fly ;) 

Photos



































I saw more Red Admirals today than I have for a while








Nice scone.

















It started to rain so I headed to Kiftsgate which is 0.5 mile away

Kiftsgate is a different garden being on a slope. I believe what you see was designed by Heather Muir who was a friend of hr neighbour Lawrence Johnston of Hidcote. 

Being so close you should visit both it is a rewarding experience. We had a few showers alas ...
































So I wandered to Chipping Campden for a wander





The plan was to walk to the church but look what happened 😂


I headed to the pub and as the rain had stopped thought I'll wander 


Nor sure when these last worked



I've been visiting Long Compton for 23 years an FINALLY visited the church of St Peter and St Paul


















It rained again as I walked back ;) 




2 comments:

Ragged Robin said...

I can't believe I have visited a church before you ie Long Compton! Isn't the lych gate amazing? Its a lovely area round there. Hidcote as always looks stunning and I really must return and try and visit Kiftsgate too - have driven past but on the second occasion it was closed I think.
Well done on the HBHM and good to see more butterflies :)

The Quacks of Life said...

i have no excuse!

yes it is an amazing lychgate!

Kiftsgate is recommended they make an excellent pair. kiftsgate is HHA

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.