Thursday, July 13, 2023

Bourton House Garden and Sezincote

Bourton House Garden is a favourite of mine and I have visited many times. 

The house is Georgian but the current garden was created in 1983! It isn't huge but is a lovely place to sit and read a book and admire fine vistas. It was looking particularly lovely today despite the one period of brief rain (I was sat outside and had JUST finished my coffee! I was able to eat my sandwich outside in the sun! 




































So I headed to Sezincote an "Indian inspired" House and garden just down the road.

I seldom visit in season when the house is open but it is well worth a visit. However it is via guided tour and no pictures so I do the gardens normally on an October or November visit. It was odd to find so many people! There is a fine cafe for people who like cake! There is cake and uh cake! oh and cake nothing else. I had a coffee.

It is another place to wander AND in some respects better in the Autumn and is it isn't a flower garden. 



































Well that is me done! I am back for 2 more visits to the Cotswolds. One is just for 2 days on the way to somewhere else and am stopping off to meet someone from Australia who is in the country but the one in October is for a week so lots of revisits and places not seen for over a year! 




3 comments:

Ragged Robin said...

I love those elephants :) I don't like guided house tours to be honest. Yes I know you can learn a lot but they are far too "peopley" for me and its SO hard to take photos. Glad you have two more visits later in the year. The Cotswold area is so lovely if a trifle busy!!!

The Wessex Reiver said...

Bourton House looks fabulous - not least for those topiary hens (if that's what they are). Another to add to the growing list of places that should be visited.

The Quacks of Life said...

thanks both.

WR- Bourton House is smallish but worth a visit. The gardens were much more developed compared to May. There are lots of places close together

RR - the villages can get very peopley. The gardens though were ok! You ought to visit Sezincote though

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.