Saturday, January 28, 2023

Rye Meads or the hunt for Bearded Tits

I don't normally head anywhere on a Saturday and on a cloud Saturday ..... but some Bearded Tits had been seen at Rye Meads so....

Instead of setting off straight to the favoured spot I stopped in the first hide

Not often you see Pheasants in a bush!


The water levels are still high so just ducks. If these Pochards would be kind enough to fly to one of my ponds ;)




So I wandered to the steps to the Gadwall/Tern hides and looked back across the read beds and in the far distance there were bearded tits... no photos naturally but nice to see them there.





I saw a Muntjac at the Kingfisher hide and again later on the trail.


This one was much later but I think this is the other end of where I saw the previous one. You have to turn around whereas the Muntjac doesn't ;)


Lousy light but a successful visit :)

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Well done on the Bearded Tits sighting. One of my bogey birds like brambling! Looks a lovely walk with some good sightings :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.