Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Out for a stroll

Well it has turned cold again! On a positive note the skies are blue. There were some dodgy spots on one main road I walked past where water had ran and the road was slippy (there was an accident).


the ponds nearest me were iced over.



I wandered now to Netteswell Pond which was ice free.






Record shot of a Redwing


I wandered down to the New Hall pond which was also ice free getting a coffee en route. Yesterday there were 3 Yellowhammers... when I have the camera? nothing LOL



My local wood is normally too boggy but the freeze made the paths passable. I took my headphones off and enjoyed the birdsong. There were at least 3 Great Spotted Woodpeckers and 2 were drumming. Lovely sound to hear.







This berries are early? But the Blackbird was happy.


I went for another wander after lunch.


The local ponds had some water available ! 



a nice day

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

It looks lovely and sunny but so cold! That looks a lovely wood to wander through :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.