Saturday, January 30, 2021

That was the week that was

We were promised Snow last Sunday but it amounted to nothing.






This was on the tree in my front garden


I did wander one day to the pond where I had see the Little Grebes and YES! I watched it catch a fish (sorry no photos it wasn't good weather).

I wander to Netteswell pond alas only Coots, Moorhen, Mallards and Black Headed Gulls, Oh there was a Muscovy Duck.

I had spotted a church nearby and off I wandered. When I arrived I found that the church is redundant and is now but of a study centre. I'm not sure when it was built but it is medieval and a church certainly existed in 1177 when it was granted to Waltham Priory. When built it was isolated next to Netteswell manor. The manor is long gone and it is surrounded by houses. It  became a chapel of ease in 1964  to the new church of St Stephen in Tye Green and was redundant in 1978. I will have to find the new church next week.


This is not a pond! There are two ponds beyond it but these 3 Mallards like this flooded bit! 



2 comments:

Ragged Robin said...

Is that a quince in your garden? We had one and got rid of it and now I wish we had kept it! A lovely looking little church - pleased you are still making new discoveries locally :)

The Quacks of Life said...

sorry all I can tell you is it is a tree ;)

hope you are keeping well

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.