Thursday, January 21, 2021

Sparrows mostly

The forecast for Wednesday was for heavy rain but it was just dull with the odd drizzle. It rained harder in the evening.

I thought I'd head to the pond where I had seen the Little Grebe's last year but alas they were absent I did get to see a coot to add to my walk year list.

I did see this sculpture which seemed to be in someone's garden!


So where to today? I have driven past Netteswell pond many times going to dad's. I'd always say it was too far to walk but obviously I now know it isn't too far so I thought somewhere new so...

The pond is slightly bigger than the others I'd been to so I had faint hopes of something different but alas no Mallards, Coots, Moorhens and Black Headed Gulls


This is the clock tower. It was built in 1864 by the Revd Joseph Arkwright in order to ensure the punctuality of his estate workers.


Here are some photos of the local House Sparrows.













1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

I like the horse sculpture and super pictures of the House Sparrows.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.