Sunday, January 17, 2021

Sunday Morning

I have been out every day but the weather has been pants so I have just wandered in waterproofs. 

I have read lots but haven't finished anything! I have a number of short story collections on the go which I am enjoying. My week is walk (listening to podcasts) and then listen to music whilst reading. Oh and watching vintage TV like the Avengers and New Avengers.

The promised snow yesterday turned to rain first thing which melted everything, however today the sun came out so I picked my camera up and off I went.

Bird wise  I added Canada Goose, Grey Wagtail and Sparrowhawk to my walk list (35 species so far).

The Mallards were out at the nearest pond




The House Sparrow is an underrated bird.





The second local pond which I seldom go to. The other day it was empty but a big puddle in the nearby grass had 3 mallards sitting in it. Today they were in the pond.



This is the common pond, There are 8 Canada Geese. I live in hope of a Greylag or Tufty popping up. The common is a bog.


On my walk I saw Sparrowhawk and Grey Wagtail (the later had the sun RIGHT behind it!)


This chap has lost its harness. 



AW AW I think these are two of the foals from earlier in the year (I could be wrong).






No comments:

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.