Saturday, May 23, 2020

Still here

Ah another bank holiday weekend. I would like to wander further a field but at the moment I'll give it a pass. I have my first travel day earmarked :)

One thing at being confined to barracks is how much music I am listening to. This is a mix of Classical, Folk, Country and Americana. I had sort of lost touch with music and am busy discovering lots of new stuff and old friends.

I am also reading a fair bit. It is comfort reading and I'm reading some old friends :)

I was up early to get bread, milk and sandwich stuff (there is a local shop that if I get there just after 6  it will be emtpy). I checked up on Dads (soon gone I hope) and then had breakfast.

So the walk! The ducklings are still there.... they were over the far side and I didn't want to disturb them. 

There have been up to 4 Moorhen chicks but didn't see them today. They tend to stay hunkered up in the vegetation. I saw at least 2 yesterday. There were 6 or 7 House Martins over the pond and I think there is a nest near to my house as I saw them flitting about a house recently and appeared to have a nest.






Why is he taking a picture of a camera overlooking the M11? Well I heard a noise..


look  closely....



I think from the noises there is a blue tit family there :)



Greenfinch. A bird less common than it once was




Alas didn't here any Reed Warblers today.. I hope they have mates and don't have the need.

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Well done on spotting the Blue Tits. Fingers crossed about your Dad's house. I am so glad mum's house sale eventually went through late last year before all this started. Gorgeous rose photo :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.