Saturday, December 14, 2019

Flatford

My plans for today had initially been to go to Rye Meads however the forecast for today had changed to being a bit dull this morning so I headed elsewhere. I hadn't been to Flatford in AGES so off I headed.

I was surprised just how high the water levels were. Yes we've had quite a bit of rain but I didn't think that much!






Now the swimming along in front of the cafe? 2 female Goosander! and I had a compact!






From here there was a Kingfisher! Nice!

I wandered up to the lake/pond.... lots of common ducks (Mallards, Gadwall and Shoveler)  but in the trees running around it there were lots of goldfinches and amongst them? A siskin! there MAY have been Redpoll but the light was rubbish so no can count!


It was grey and starting to rain so I headed back to the tea room for a coffee  and a very fine Mince Pie scone.


I headed home and the sun came out!!! I'm not moaning it was a decent stroll with some good birds.

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

A lovely place to walk and well done on the Goosander and Siskin. I really must get out birding more next year. It seems to have been a year when I have concentrated on church crawling and EH and NT places rather than nature reserves.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.