Thursday, June 20, 2019

Hull Minster and Burton Constable Hall

I have moved south today, I do that with a bit of a heavy heart as I really can recommend the Fox  & Hounds at Sinnington. It's also a stunning part of the world.... I will return!

Anyway a church I never thought I'd get around to ..... the very fine...

883 Hull Minster

I had left Sinnington in Blue Skies as I arrived in Hull the rain came..

I left the camera in the car and this are straight from the phone























So on to Burton Constable Hall... I have been before  but that was pre-blog... I think at least 15 years ago,,,

The house is predominantly Tudor with very grand 18th and 19th Century interiors....




This skeleton of a Sperm Whale was found in 1825 and gets a mention in Moby Dick





















There were 3 Painted Ladies!!
































1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Hull Minster looks interesting and beautiful - I do like the wooden carvings. Super photos of the Painted Ladies :) I still haven't seen one this year :(

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.