Thursday, September 06, 2018

Guernsey Day 5 St Peter Port again tasters

I got the bus into town and headed to Castle Cornet.

Seen en route a Shag I believe



It was built in the 13th century and has been extended over the years. Alas the medieval keep was destroyed in an explosion in the 17 the century. The castle was once an island cut off from the mainland.

Today the castle is a number of small museums related to the islands relationship with the sea and military regiments with ties to the island.







I met up with a friend of Quacks and the gang for lunch and then headed for La Vallette underground military museum.



The National Trust for Guernsey have a Victorian sweet shop/parlour so I had to visit.


Tomorrow I fly back.... Shame.....

No comments:

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.