Tuesday, September 04, 2018

Guernsey Day 3 - the Little Chapel and Guernsey's wartime history teasers

I've been to the Little Chapel before but it's pretty and my first stop of the day wasn't open until 10.


Forest Church


The channel islands were the one British territory that was occupied during WWII and there is evidence everywhere. I'd never visited the Occupation museum so i went today. It's relatively small  but well worth a visit.



I went for lunch then went to Les Caches which is owned by the National Trust for Guernsey.


I then explored some of the Napoleonic and WWII fortfications. The occupying German forces reused a lot of the Napoleonic fortifications.



This is prehistoric 😀



1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

It all looks so beautiful and interesting - look forward to seeing more photos when you get home.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.