Saturday, May 23, 2009

Birds, Damsels, Flowers oh and Mr Punch

Uhm well I had intended to head to Wicken Fen and then either Anglessey Abbey or Wimpole Hall.

As it was I set off early and arrived at Hatfield Forest.

It was looking rather attractive.






There were 3 Grebe chicks on the lake, as well as some Greylag and coot chicks. The Terns look like they may have eggs.










A young Long Tailed Tit


I then went to Audley End (loads of photos of the house on the blog). They had a Victorian theme day.










Flying in....



Wait for me Mum!



That's the way to do it...















Right I've consulted the book and i'm saying Azure Damselfly.



Large Red Damselfly


Grey Wagtail

7 comments:

oldcrow61 said...

What a great selection of photos. I love the ones of the people in costume at Audley End and the puppets as well. Also thought the flowers, buds, etc. were excellent.

Hornet said...

Wow, a real life Punch and Judy. I've never seen one - what a great 'tick'!

Tricia Ryder said...

What a great day and wonderful sunshine! Lovely to see some Victoriana :D and Punch and Judy - I can just hear that voice saying "that's the way to do it...."

One day I shall get a Tern picture as good as yours.....sigh :D

holdingmoments said...

Great set of pictures Pete.
What a carpet of Buttercups. It looks stunning.

Janine said...

Great pics Pete! Baby LTT is so cute! Victorian day must have been fun to see.

ShySongbird said...

Great photos, and what a lovely day you had, that's definitely 'the way to do it'!

Anonymous said...

Some lovely pictures here, Pete... I like the deep colours.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.