Tuesday, August 01, 2023

Some more local wildlife

It seems that we are going to get some rain so this might be my last set of pics for a few days.

So we have 2 more ducklings :) 




Ah new foals! 







So I saw another Jersey Tiger Moth. This is my 3rd sighing in a half mile radius and all in town. Last year they were outside on rural paths.





The ducklings doing well. It seems what with coots and moorhens to be a good year. The common pond has been poor for ducklings and there have been none on the split ponds. They seem to attract  fisherman. The split pond attracts the sort who don't tidy up.






This tree grows by the side of the road.


Oh so cute! 















I have to say I much prefer the cooler weather to last year!  I could do with a little less rain and more consistent blue skies! 

Oh one piece of excellent news. In winter getting out of the estate can be muddy! BUT the council have paved over a stretch of mud so that we have a way out. Its only a small length but a godsend! 


No comments:

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.