Monday, March 27, 2023

Some more pics

For those that asked I am fine. Its my own fault I should have seen it coming ! Suffice to say something I was looking forward to has been cancelled for reasons I don't fully comprehend but hey ho life goes on.

Now I was going to Ickworth but google showed a problem on the M11 so as the sun was shining I headed to Rye Meads.

Now two hybrid geese... The right hand bird looks like a standard Canada/Greylag cross.... the left hand bird. I'm not sure. My gut feel is Canada/Barnacle it is slightly smaller. However the RSPB twitter feed says Canada/Pink-Foot.







I do like a duck at the Pochard is a favourite! 







YOU SHALL NOT PASS!! Lots of Canadas walking around in 2's and hissing at you :)


Lots of Chiffchaffs calling and Cetti's. I was lucky enough to get one in the binoculars! 

Went for a walk on my return of which the highlight was this chap.





Why is it the local Yellowhammers vanish when I have a camera?

On a good note I saw a Brimstone butterfly.

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Good to know you are ok Pete. Good news on the Brimstone - you've beaten me :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.