Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Rye Meads

Hello! My apologies for what might be the longest gap in a while! The weather hasn't been great and the one day I went for a walk with the camera the birds vanished!!

I have been seeing lots of Yellowhammers in town in a narrow strip of green between two areas of housing! In the same strip I've recently seen a little egret, siskin and Reed Bunting! (last summer I saw painted lady and hummingbird hawk moth).

There seem to be two groups of Canada Geese about. One by the New Hall Pond and one by the common pond! 

Today I decided I'd go shopping first thing and then head to Rye Meads alas it was raining so I didn't bother and came straight home. 

I went to my local wood but no sign of a chiffchaff singing. Lots of Redwing though. Also a Reed Bunting singing in bushes near the reed beds. I saw a Ring Necked Parakeet in the woods so they may be breeding there now and a few Great Spotted Woodpeckers.  And I saw the Yellowhammers again. They really are a striking bird.

Anyhow after lunch the sun was shining and I went to Rye Meads (forgetting to put the big lens on the camera doh!!)



Hello this is new! I have seen him about for a while! 


And on cue! 







Green Sandpiper


Teal











Normally these run as soon as they sense you



This one didn't seem bothered!






Well hello! a CHIFFCHAFF!!! it is Spring! Mark it well 14th March Spring has started for the year.




I also heard a Cetti's Warbler.

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Good to see the ChiffChaff :) I know weather has been too dire here to for going out :(

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.