Sunday, March 26, 2023

a few pics

I am still here. My enthusiasm just took a bit of a kicking last Monday (something I was looking forward to fell through) so even when I took some photos I couldn't be bothered to edit them (First time EVER!!).

I can't say I've got my enthusiasm back LOL but I did edit a few pics finally 

One of last years foals is still about untethered ! I keep expecting him to disappear as the new ones will turn up soon.



The frogspawn has started to hatch! Lots of frogs



Lesser Celandines looking cheerful.


Harold at Rye Meads!


Distant stockdove







Quite a few Cetti's Warblers calling.

These ducks had moved away from a local pond! 


Bizarrely I've yet to see a butterfly. I normally would have seen a Brimstone by now.

4 comments:

The Wessex Reiver said...

Likewise no butterflies yet in Somerset. Warmer days due this week.

Ragged Robin said...

Good to see your photos Pete and as you know I am feeling the same about blogging as you! No enthusiasm. By coincidence I've just seen a Stock Dove in the garden. We don't havae frogspawn yet but worryingly last year I didn't see any at all in the pond. I do worry the newts have taken their toll on frog tadpoles over the years. I've seen one Red Admiral and one other fleeting glimpse of a flutter that is all. No Brimstones.

The Quacks of Life said...

Wessex - finally saw a Brimstone to day :)

RR its not blogging per se but other stuff

Ragged Robin said...

Sorry to hear that Pete but relieved to see in later post you are ok.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.