Wednesday, March 01, 2023

Great Bromley Church

I wandered to see my friends Jan and Tony today to see how Jan was after some surgery (good I am pleased to say).

They don't do early ;) so I decided to revisit a church I last visited over 20 years ago! I feel old! 

St George, Great Bromley.

For those who don't think Essex is part of East Anglia St George is a very East Anglian looking church. Inside there are some fine carvings, a hammerbeam roof, bowler hats belonging to past bell ringers and stained glass containing a native American (the Stone family left for America in 1634).






















This monument in the churchyard stood out! 



1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

An interesting church Pete - always good to see the church open sign :) Hope your friend recovers quickly from surgery.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.