Saturday, February 12, 2022

A Concert and this and that

I went to a concert last night. Most people wore masks although less than last time. My seat was as perhaps as socially distanced as I could get (I ought to add it was the one I always chose post covid as I hate being surrounded by people!

It was to see the Britten Sinfonia play the following program as part of the 150th anniversary of the birth of Ralph Vaughan Williams. The programme was 

  • Grace Williams - Sea Sjetcges
  • Sibelius - Scene with Cranes
  • Vaughan Williams - Concerto for Oboe and Strings in A Minor the soloist was Nicholas Daniel a former BBC young musician of the year
  • Vaughan Williams - The Lark Ascending
  • Bridge - There is a Willow Grows Alsant a Brook
  • Holst - St Paul's Suite.

It was good to be out listening to music again. 

I haven't been far again this week. I have racked up some miles and walked further this week than I have in any week in England (my record week was in Italy). 

Bird wise I finally got to see some Ringed Neck Parakeets on my walk! 

Curiously these were in the same spot as my first daffs I saw in last years lockdown. 







This is the last foal from last year not tied up. I'm not sure it is Frosty's foal as there were two this colour at the end. Alas no sign of Frosty yet.


1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Glad you enjoyed your concert. Must admit I hate being surrounded by people too and at the theatre I used to try and get tickets at the end of a row! Hated being stuck in the middle of one!
Well done on Ring necked Parakeets.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.