Friday, October 08, 2021

The Roseland Peninsula

Well I had Jan with me today. Tony will rejoin us tomorrow . 

I have told J&T to choose where they want to go as they may soon be leaving Cornwall and Jan wanted to visit St Just in Roseland church. I have no problem with that as although I have been it hasn't feature on the blog.

St Just in Roseland 

A church was founded in 550 AD or should I say CE in these times? The current church was consecrated in 1216 and restored in 1872. It is noted, well be me for its AMAZING churchyard garden! If a church is worth visiting for its churchyard alone then this is it! 




View from the churchyard.... there was a Little Egret and a Greenshank
























The well




So off to St Mawes.... is Jan a glutton? Last time a gull stole her crab roll! 











Alas the crab place was SHUT!!! So the gulls went unfed. A lovely coffee by the castle.


So we were a bit late for dinner and went to Portscatho well sort of to visit the Hidden Hut





Smoked Haddock Chowder .... really nice. The place was busy! 



We relaxed and had a natter before heading back. 

A nice day.... So where do J&T want to go tomorrow? 



1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Beautiful photos Pete. I've heard of the Roseland Peninsula but never been. The church and churchyard are just superb. Cornwall looks blissfully quiet tourist wise!!!!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.