Sunday, October 24, 2021

La Serenissima at Saffron Hall

On the 29th March 2020 I was due to see La Serenissima at Saffron Hall. It was cancelled, rearranged, cancelled  again and rearranged again and on Sunday I sat down to watch them! 

My seat was on the back row at the end which meant I had few people near me. Those who were all wore masks. I'd say 85-90% wore masks there were a few people who think they are indestructible. 

The programme was all Vivaldi and the ensemble leader Adam Chandler was very chatty (which I like). I never expected to hear a classical leader say we need to tonk this one!! LOL

Concerto for viola d'amore, string & continui in d RV 394

Introduzione al Gloria: 'Cursagittas, cur tela, cur faces' for contralto, strings & continuo RV 637

Concerto 'per violino in tromba marina', string and continuo in G RV 313

'Nulla in mundo pax sincera' for soprano string & continuo RV630

Concerto for Violin, organ, strings & continuo in d RV541

Psalm 126: 'Nisi Dominus' for Soprano, Mezzo-Soprano, Contralto, violin 'in tromba marina', viola d'amor, chalumeau, cello, organ, strings & continuo, RV803

As you can see early music has lots of unusual instruments and a unique sound. The most famous of those pieces I would say is the Nulla

I'm back next two Sunday's 

No comments:

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.