Friday, August 20, 2021

Wimpole Hall

If I am a "bit" grumpy in this blog I apologise.

I went to Wimpole today. Now I have a love hate relationship with Wimpole. I love the estate and the gardens etc but the people who go there are just plain rude. People walking 4 a breast on a footpath forcing you to step off and no not due to social distance but because there was no room on the path. In fairness the National Trust have signs up to keep to one side but the could people of Cambridge .....


So coffee and a scone to start. Alas the scone was dry :( I wanted to get a Sandwich as I intended to do the gardens and then wander to the folly but alas there were none. Apparently they don't do them until lunchtime, I have commented that given the size of some estates anyone wishing to explore won't be about lunchtime but .......  

















The walled garden was looking lovely 

















AW! there were quite a few Swallows ... fabulous to see













So I was before 12 and I headed to grab a sandwich and the queue was out of the door! The courtyard cafe was closed  (when  I arrived I asked what cafes were open and was told just the rectory cafe) so I decided to call it a day and head off. Now I love the National Trust but it is the middle of the school holidays the busiest time of year and ....... I am sure I will be told this will be due to Covid but this is not really new, especially at Wimpole. Guys you keep saying every scone, sandwich, coffee etc helps protect the properties we love but you are forcing us to bring our own food! This is counter productive. 

Right sorry I mustn't whinge. Lets end on a positive. the gardens looked stunning 

3 comments:

Ragged Robin said...

Beautiful photos and grounds/gardens. Such a shame about the queues and food and people walking four abreast - the latter happens to us all the time :( We always automatically go single file when seeing people approaching but sadly some people are not so polite! Walled gardens are always special and that looks a "cracker" :)

Ragged Robin said...

ps no PL's????

The Quacks of Life said...

not yesterday but one this morning ;)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.