Tuesday, August 03, 2021

Hatfield Forest

 And so for somewhere different....  I managed to drag myself to Hatfield Forest for opening time! 

I grabbed a coffee and wandered to the lake, there was a lack of birds other than Mallards and the odd Canada Goose. The Terns have gone and I couldn't see any Grebes.


















I thought it would get busy so I wandered back early for a coffee and a Cheese Scone





Hello.... Painted Lady





One of my reasons for going to the Forest was the hope of a Silver Washed Fritillary 





Large Skipper 





Peacock


Comma


Birds? well highlight was a Marsh Tit, always a nice bird to see


1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Lovely photos and great to see the SW Fritillary :) I still haven't seen a PL!!!!!! Cheese scone looks tasty! :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.