Friday, August 27, 2021

Long Melford Church and Melford Hall.

I went for "essential supplies" wine and cheese ;)  and drove on to Long Melford.

I first wandered up to the church.

Oh a Painted Lady sorry RR




The church of Holy Trinity








There is lots of  medieval glass... This small 3 hares one for instance.






This is from an earlier church and was found buried underneath the chancel floor in the 18th century.






Lily Crucifix window in the Clopton Chapel.









The church has a separate Lady Chapel I believe it is the only parish church to have one.





Then on to Melford Hall




A Savoury Cream tea!

























I did a bit of reading .... a good day

2 comments:

Ragged Robin said...

Another PL!!!! Still none here or none that I have seen!! Beautiful set of photos - I love that church. So much of interest and especially good is that stained glass of 3 hares :) Melford Hall looks blissfully quiet!! Are you still finding NT properties quietish now pre booking and limited numbers doesn't seem to apply?

The Quacks of Life said...

Well Melford Hall was quietish but it is a small property. I am tending to avoid them at the moment due to the children etc ;)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.