Monday, August 16, 2021

walks

I have discovered an online source of old pulp Science Fiction magazine and I have read the October, November and December 1950's Galaxy Magazine which I have really enjoyed. I currently reading the  the Outward Urge by John Wyndham from 1959. It is slightly different from most of his work of that period but so far is shaping up well. He is an underrated SF writer if you ask me.

I need to go somewhere different, well somewhere, and I will Wednesday. As it here are some pictures I've  taken from the last set of walks taken over 5 days.

This was last week. Mum is looking after her 5 who are still doing well.






It would appear we have lost one of the duck house family... sigh Still there are another brood of Moorhen ( I saw 4 chicks today). This is the 4th brood I believe.




Did you call Mum?


I'm coming!!







I did see a Painted Lady yesterday but I didn't take the camera. The borage field where they had been and been was harvested so it was a nice surprise.






This is the closest pond to home... 34 I believe





They loomed like Triffids! 



1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Lovely to see your local photos from your walks and to hear of all the ducklings. Horses/ponies/foals are cute. Enjoy your John Wyndham book :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.