Saturday, July 07, 2007

Various Places

Hello what is this??




So off to Wicken Fen, water levels too high for much on the birds front. Still did see lots of Warblers, Great Spotted and Green Woodpeckers, Bullfinch, Redshank, Common Tern and my first Turtle Dove of the year.



Common Darter I think.





Lots of these handsome fellows about.


So went on to Welney which also had very high water levels so no chance on waders and little of the reserve was open. Did have a nice Marsh Harrier and a nice view of a Hobby. So if few birds lets look at the insects.

Blue Tailed Damselfly


Small Tortoiseshell



Female Black Tailed Skimmer I think




Common Darter


Red Admiral


Small Tortoiseshell


Common Darter



Grey Heron


Little poser this chap






Male Black Tailed Skimmer




This chap saw me off.


So on to Anglessey Abbey. The house is home to teh Fairhaven Collection and the gardens are excellent.























7 comments:

oldcrow61 said...

WOW!! And I'll say it again, WOW! Fabulous pictures.

Mary said...

We had some of that blue sky here too! Looks like you made the most of the good weather.

Anonymous said...

Many of your pictures are not showing but I like what I do see...

The Quacks of Life said...

thanks folks

leaz - i wonder why that is? what browser are you using?

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photos Pete and thanks for putting the names of the various subjects and butterflies and such on top of each as I really want to learn them. I know your expect us all to know as much as you do but ..... Pete....I do not know most of the birds and insects you have there so the names help lots.

The Quacks of Life said...

oceans - certainly don't expect you to know them. On the insects I put the names for info and in case i've got it wrong someone can correct me. I am NO expect.

bear in mind most of these are European species you will never have seen! I'd struggle on North American species.

pleased you liked them

Mo said...

Love the little swallows.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.