Thursday, July 05, 2007

Cake Baking

Grandmother Jenny Brown entered her Victoria Sponge into a cake baking contest at the Wimblington village fete in Cambridgeshire and came second.

She was a bit taken a back though to find she was the only entrant! The judges marked down the cake because it had indentations from the oven rack and it was deemed not good enough to win.

Julie Dent, from the Wimblington Sports Committee, said: "The judges had an expectation and I suppose they didn't feel as though it qualified for first place.

"This was the first year but the cake competition will become an annual event."

She said her own baking had been subject to a strange decision.

"About 11 years ago I entered a show with some fruit scones. I was the only entrant but I came third."

2 comments:

Zig said...

I wish 'indentations' were the worst of my problems!

Anonymous said...

I thought that only happened in cat showing!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.