Sunday, August 20, 2006

Tuesday 15th August

Well off to Blacktoft to see if that Spotted Crake was about. Started out with Tree Sparrows in the car park.

From the first hide was a nice Spoonbill and a couple of Green Sandpiper and a snipe. Lots of Redshank with Ruff and a few Spotted Redshank and a Dunlin.

The next hide was where the Spotted Crake was but it was hadn't been seen and ..... wasn't whilst I was there (was at 7pm), still lots of waders. Common & Green Sandpiper, Dunlin, Greenshank, Redshank and Spot Redshank, Lapwing and a rather nice Barn Owl flew in front. No crake buy hey nice. I could have kept birding but I wanted to go to Barton Upon Humber.

St Peter's (601) is now in the care of English Heritage. It has been stripped and heavily excavated but has a fine Saxon Tower and features.





St Mary (602) was originally the chapel of wase to St Peter but since 1972 has been the parish church.



I had a brief look around the Waters Edge country oark, the highlight was some Ruddy Duck and the Humber Bridge!



I popped into Far Ings which was a little quiet but had another Ruddy Duck a Greenshank, Redshank and a Bearded Tit for the trip list.

The hotel Queen's Head Nth Kelsey Moor worked out at £56 BB Evening meal and 2 large glasses of wine. That's not bad these days ****. I'll use it next time I'm up.

2 comments:

Cherrypie said...

Hurrah! I was always a bit uncertain about my bearded tit but if you've seen it then it has to be right.

The Quacks of Life said...

can't remember the hide name. you can see it from the car park.

they are very gingery

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.