Thursday, August 10, 2006

Tagged by Kate

Kate tagged me for this meme

10 years ago
Was told I was to be outsourced the next year

5 years ago
Was told I was to be made redundant the next year. This was good! I discovered birding!

1 year ago
Was looking at overseas birding holidays (plans fell through, BIG sigh)

5 songs I know all the words to (actually there are none of these but these are the nearest)
~ Its a Hardlife(wherever you go) - Nanci Grifiith
~ Marlene on the Wall - Suzanne Vega
~ Girlfriend - Julia Fordham
~ I Feel Lucky - Mary Chapin Carpenter
~ Homeward Bound - Simon & Garfunkel

5 Snacks
~ Scotch eggs
~ Pork Pie
- bag of chips
- Yorkie
- Doughnuts

think we've worked out the stomach

5 things to I'd do with £100 million
~ Invest most of it
~ take my birdie friends to Kenya, Ecuador, Costa Rica, Peru and TnT to boost our life lists
~ Buy a house with a small lake and wood.
~ Buy a good friend a house.
~ Buy Dave those 8x32 Swaro ELs and Swaro scope so he is a proper dude :D

5 places I'd run away to
~ Trinidad & Tobago - never been but I reckon the verandah at Asa Wright must be heaven - anyone want to?
~ Norfolk
~ Costa Rica - somewhere else I've never been
- Wye Valley
- New Zealand - they play cricket and decent climate!

5 things I'd never wear
~ Jeans with holes in the knees
~ Sandals
- shorts
- Hawaiian Shirts
- tank top

5 favourite TV shows
~ Porridge
~ Wildlife on One/Two (and Birding with Bill Oddie)
~ The Simpsons
~ Anything history or archeology related
- Babylon Five

5 greatest joys
~ Mum & Dad
~ A couple of really good friends (they know who they are)
~ Birds
~ Books
- drinking a glass of wine with a good friend

5 favourite toys
~ Binoculars
- Scope
- PC (It hasn't got a name)
- Camera - I KNOW!!
- Computer Chess game

Five people I'm tagging
- Anna
- Beki
- Kaz
- Nathalie
- Birdman

not obligatory folks!!

4 comments:

KAZ said...

Oh Pete - though I love reading about other people, I'm far too scared of exposing the murky depths of my psyche to the world.
My favourite TV prog is 'Early Doors' and 1 year ago I stopped work - yeah!
Please don't overdo the pork pies.

The Quacks of Life said...

not obligatory

its scotch eggs that are failing!!

Anonymous said...

10 years ago..
get back to you on that.

5 years ago..
ermm..and this.

1 year ago..
was roasting in Turkey.

5 songs with known words?
(recently)
After Six by Double G and the Traitorous 3, having the most wonderful line:
"Jesus keep your hands where i can see"
The last charge of it by Micah P Hinson.
Plastic Jesus by Paul Newman/the Flaming Lips.
I could be nothing by The Great Lake Swimmers.
and
E Eleventh Nuts by Scritti Politti.

5 snacks..
Walkers Cheese and Onion.
Dandelion and Birdmuck.
Toasted Cheese and Tommy Sauce Sandwiches.
Double Decker.
20 B&H ;)

5 things i'd always wear..
Jeans with Holes anywhere.
Sandals
Shorts.
Shorts, socks and sandals.
Self propelled Artillery tops.

5 fave TV shows.
Everybody loves Raymond.
Takeshi's Castle.
The Simpsons.
Malcolm in the Middle.
UK TV History stuff..

5 greatest joys...
My wife
My kids
My Mates
My Life
Pete's Zeiss Bins.

anon. dave..

Unknown said...

Oh another Scotch egg fan! I thought I was the only one. It's weird because for years I was convinced they were horrible - I think the ones they gave us with salads at school put me off.

Love Homeward Bound too - in fact pretty much anything by S&G

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.