Saturday, September 16, 2023

Sudeley Castle and Chastleton

So firstly where did the sun go??? 

I went to Sudeley Castle first. It is a very historic place with Richard III, Katherine Parr and Elizabeth I being part of its history! I've been many times before. I just wandered around the gardens and sat and read. I had a nice tuna roll for lunch (packed with tuna!!)
































The pheasantry has gone, it now has interesting exhibition about bio diversity and endangered species.  

















So off to Chastleton. It is a house where the family backed the wrong side in the civil war and then had no money. The house was left to gently decay.. an interesting place to visit as it hasn't been "mucked around with" by subsequent generations

Not sure what this sheep was after. It looked interested in the picnic,.



























An old teasmade and dial up phone!! Things from my youth are now historic!!










This cat was a stray and has been adopted by the house! Never say the gingers. He was very friendly and wanted to be stroked


















It's always best to visit Chastleton when cake and tea is being served in the church ;)

3 comments:

Ragged Robin said...

I say it every time Pete but I must visit Sudeley! Love the exhibition especially that hedgehog! I've been To Chastleton once.Lovely place although very dark for photography inside. We had tea and cake at the church!! Weather looks better where you are than here in Herefordshire!! Enjoy today.

Ragged Robin said...

ps weather wise I meant at least it looks dry!!

The Quacks of Life said...

yup kept dry!! you would like Sudeley I think!! Chastleton? that was the phone!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.