Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Gone Birding

Yes Yes I know I haven't been birding in AGES. I was going this morning and I looked at the forecast which gave a 90% chance of heavy rain. I did my usual walk .... no rain .... had lunch no rain so I thought right I'm going to Rye Meads.

The Draper hide was virtually empty as they had been working on the scrape but there was a Heron, a little Egret and a Green Sandpiper.



I wandered to the Gadwall hide and this chap was being posy...



But all eyes were on the VERY distant 2 Great White Egrets. (First I've seen at the reserve)


Back to the Little Egret




This gives a clue to how far the Great White were! 


Off I wandered! 



No Kingfishers... stopped in at Gadwall hide for a Little Egret sitting on a post (there were quite a few of them about!)








Ooh one of the GWE's is moving! 


Into the shade!!


Little Egret I AM STANDING ON ONE LEG! 



Right close enough I'm off


Not a bad day. There were at least 4 Green Sandpipers at the Gadwall hide as well as a Grey Wagtail and a Willow/Chiff. Earlier in the day I saw a few swallows


1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

I haven't had a decent day's birding for ages Pete. I used to go to Brandon Marsh all the type but not been since covid and then there was closer Marsh Lane but I stopped paying membership as it as about £80 a year! I love egrets - seen just the one Great White at distance too at Middleton Hall lake.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.