Thursday, November 24, 2022

Clare Country Park

I haven't been to Clare since June and the last time I shared photos was last November! 


There were a number of Tit flocks and goldfinches about. I didn't find any Siskins but did see 2 Goldcrests.















The Railway Station closed in the 60's and went right through the castle remains. It was one of 13 to close when the line from Marks Tey to Cambridge was closed. Today it is the only complete complex remaining. The station masters house is now a cafe that does decent rolls :) 

I sat with a coffee in the sun with the castle as a backdrop.





Wow I had to walk up eh



You get good views and no I didn't wander into town.




Nice to return

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

A lovely place Pete and great photos. I think I read an article about Clare once in Landscape magazine - it looked full of interest. ps still pondering over Mastodon! :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.