Monday, August 08, 2022

out for walks

There are numerous places I should have gone to. Hatfield Forest? Amwell? Rye Meads? Its the school holidays and birdlife is light so I am continuing to walk locally. I expect as soon as the holidays are over I'll wander to the Forest LOL

These are the latest batch over the last week. I managed to hurt my right arm a few weeks ago so all pics are with the compact travel zoom or phone. The arm is on the mend. That said I do like travelling with less weight and at the moment there isn't much birdlife about.

The ducklings from last week. They are still there and doing well.





Hard life being a foal.





The ducks on the common pond disappear and reappear LOL.







May as well take advantage eh ;)







Always nice to see a Painted Lady eh RR 😁



The harvest is in.




This little chap came to say hello.





It was the last part of my medical today. I seem to have escaped! Just the eye test to go.

I walked to the New Hall pond today. I don't often go that way. I was rewarded by a Hummingbird Hawkmoth and this Jersey Tiger Moth. I have seen quiet a few locally and saw none on my walks the last two years.




These two are still on that pond. They never see to move.



Back through the woods. There were still Reed Warblers in the nearby reedbeds




It may not have been the year for Painted Ladies as it was last year but still a few about. It may be the change of crops for this year though.



Whilst by the pond today I came across a Wheatear! Only my second on my walks bird 61 of the walk year.

Hello hello This is a foal I hadn't spotted before? Looks relatively new. Wonder when it showed up?



1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

I hope the arm recovers fully soon! I think we agree on school holidays! Well done on PL, Jersey Tiger and Hummingbird Hawkk Moth! :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.