Saturday, April 23, 2022

Montacute and Tintinhull

I seem to be on holiday... Not sure how that happened.

As Montacute is close to my B&B 



The wisteria is looking good! 






Montacute was built in 1598 for Sir Edward Phelips, Master of the Rolls and Chief Prosecutor of the Gunpowder plot. Today it serves as the South West outpost of the National Portrait Gallery. Oh and it is has been in Wolf Hall (despite being built 60 years after that period) and in Sense and Sensibility.
















































James VI/I


Robert Dudley



Katherine Parr


Bess of Hardwick





Montacute always does a good scone!





I wandered on to Tintinhull a few miles up the road. It is a small garden but one I like very much. It used to have a cafe but alas it is unable to support it it would seem as it is now closed :( 

Happily the sun came out.



























I sat by the pond as a couple of swallows swooped over it.


A good first day.


1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

You are away again :) Both places look superb. Have a good holiday and hope weather stays good.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.