Friday, April 24, 2020

A walk in the woods

I don't intend blogging about my daily walk every day but...

I decided to walk to the other potential spot I could walk. There is a large pond but alas it's for fishing and you can't even see it :( but I strolled on to the woods.

Brenthall & Barnsley Woods are a small areas of woodlands between two Housing developments in the care of Harlow Council.  I just wandered along the paths listening to bird song. Obviously nothing amazing but I saw both male and female blackcap heard chiffchaff and a pecker drumming.

There was a very small area of reed bed and snobby git that I am I expected it to be a bit unkempt with shopping trolleys etc and I ignored it on the way out but I passed close to it on the way back and thought "hang on, what's that?" I wandered over and patiently waited for said little brown job to  pop and up popped a Reed Warbler! My gast was flabbered ! I never expected to see a Reed Warbler within walking distance of home. There were two singing.

So I have two decent places to walk and see some wildlife. This is good.







No comments:

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.