Sunday, February 02, 2020

This and that

What to do today? I honestly I just knew I wanted to get out ..... I was heading to Lavenham but I've done that a lot and I thought it's YEARS since I've been to Little Maplestead church so....

St John the Baptist was built in 1335 and  is one of a handful of medieval (although what you see today is heavily victorianised) round churches and was built by the Knights Hospitaller's. There was once a Knights Hospitaller preceptory nearby.












I wandered on to Lavenham for a Coffee and Walnut scone (as you do)


You've seen Lavenham plenty of times and will again. Especially later in the year when I will get to the Little Hall FINALLY.

I then drove to another old fave Clare Country Park. Not a lot of photos I just wanted to add a few steps on my count ;) It was nice to be serenaded by Robins, Blue Tits and Great Tits I do hope that we don't get a late cold snap.



I don't remember noticing this before! Some bright spark will no doubt comment when I did ;)




Spring is coming!!!



I post the otter one last time... I like this!


Bird of the day Nuthatch!

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

A lovely church - we have one round here with Knights Templar links. Scone looks good and I love the carved woodpecker and signs of Spring :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.