Saturday, February 01, 2020

Birding

I've done more birding in the past 6 weeks than I've done in the past year I suspect.

I am not entirely sure why but I am enjoying my walks at Amwell and Rye Meads....  I did to go back to Hatfield Forest at some time probably in the spring. Actually when certain events happen I will do more birding still.

Anyway the forecast today was decent so I decided I'd go birding.... it didn't hurt that I was a bit late getting out (by my standards)

I wandered to Amwell first. It was quiet, the only migrant I saw was a Goldeneye but before I crossed the bridge I saw a lovely Goldcrest and there was a singing Song Thrush.






I went for a walk and saw the odd Goldfinch and the usual ducks a highlight though was 2 Red Kites over the river. Annoyingly trees got in the way of a photo.

The usual suspects at the feeding station













I wandered back to the look out point



A lovely little stroll.

So to Rye Meads just down the road.

Again it was very quiet. Although the RSPB released the Green Sandpiper for me! No so close today






As I wandered back to the visitor centre a Goldcrest flitted about...

A relaxing day

2 comments:

Ragged Robin said...

Lovely bird photos Pete. I am hoping to get out birding more this year - I did so little last year and realised come December how much I had missed it!

The Quacks of Life said...

i really ought to go further a field but I am enjoying the local strolls.... I may get further a field later in the year

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.