Saturday, February 08, 2020

Local Birding Again

I decided I'd stay local again and wandered off to Amwell. There were lots of Robins in full voice.

This chap is in shadow I kind of like it



There was a Redwing as I walked along.... I have not seen many of these this winter.

The lake had the usual suspects. There were a few Goldenye, two Egyptian Geese, a few Wigeon and the Great Crested Grebes looked like they were pairing up




The feeding station  was REALLY quiet, Thanks to this Reed Bunting for showing up.







The woods had a goldcrest and some siskin amongst the Blue, Great and Long Tailed Tits (these seem to be doing well).

Oh and 2 Robins singing





As I walked back to the car.....



And so to Rye Meads...

There are Kestrel nesting boxes and there are pair using them!  This chap was close to the visitors centre as you left it.



And again the usual suspects.....Lapwings, Snipe etc


A quick pop back to the Draper hide and the birds were closer so a lovely male Tufty to finish




1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

A super set of images especially of the cheeky little robin. I haven't seen many Redwings or Fieldfares this winter.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.