Sunday, January 20, 2019

The Punk Bird

What to do today?

I could have visited a church? There was one I need that was open.
I could have visited a National Trust property.... there is a good scone at Flatford.?

but when I looked out of the window this morning there was a sharp frost and I knew it was going to be blue skies....mmmm .... and I knew there had been sightings of Waxwings with 8 miles of Rye Meads/Amwell mmmmm..... so did I "twitch" ? Uh why not....

The Waxwing is an obliging bird it usually shows up somewhere accessible. This is because it feeds on berries and shopping developments often have trees with berries! So in Wickes car park at Hertford....

They are colourful bird and with the spikey feather on their head a bit punky!










Now I probably should have driven up to Wimpole but instead I went to Rye Meads. Uh it was icy! And therefore quiet!


 Still it was a nice walk....



Some juvenile mute swans had found some water!







The Kingfisher Hide... not much chance of a Kingfisher given water was frozen :)





Got to love the Robin!




I also heard my first Cetti's Warbler of the year.

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Gorgeous bird photos and well done on seeing the Waxwings :) I've been checking out berries locally but no luck so far!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.