Sunday, January 13, 2019

Rye Meads

I wandered to Rye Meads this afternoon....

Poor pic of a vole (water?)


The water levels at the Draper hide were still high and highlights were Stock Dove and a fly flew Sparrowhawk.

There was also a Red Kite overhead.

No Kingfishers at the Kingfisher hide but I did see a Treecreeper (first I've seen at RM for ages)



Long Tailed Tits on the trails but alas I didn't see any Siskin (which were about I'm told).

There were lots of Gulls at the Gadwall hide (Black Headed, Common, Herring, Lesser and Greater Black Backed). Lots of ducks




The highlight, photographically, was this Green Sandpiper which was very obliging











Nice stroll even if the weather was naff!

What was nice that on my way to dad's this morning I saw two Little Egret by the side of the road. There were some horses feeding so I guess the Egret's are finding food... seen them there a few times now.

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Super pics of the sandpiper. Water vole? picture interesting as the face looks more pointed that blunt i.e. more rat-like but there again body looks chubby and the tail looks short and furry which would suggest water vole. Rats have longish naked tails.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.