Monday, October 01, 2018

Dale Abbey & Keddleston Hall

I was on my way to Dale Abbey

875 All Saints, Dale Abbey

It is one of the smallest churches in the country and is attached to a farm house!






It is called Dale Abbey because there was an Abbey here. There is the remnants of a chancel arch in the village, now normally I would have you showed it but as I approached the church I found my tyre pressure warning light was on so I decided to shoot off and sort it out. Pumping the tyres fixed that.

So off to Kedleston Hall. The current house was built by Robert Adam for the Curzon family who have owned the estate since the 13th century in 1759.







































































2 comments:

Tricia Ryder said...

Looks like a good day out with blue skies and sunshine. Kedleston Hall looks fascinating ... lovely pictures ....

Ragged Robin said...

The little church looks interesting and super photos of Kedleston Hall - I still haven't been there!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.