Saturday, July 16, 2016

The Lakes - Windermere and Wray Castle

An early start and off to the Lake District!

A really good journey and we arrived in sunshine!!!

We stopped at Wray Castle a Victorian neo-gothic castle. One of the founders of the National Trust, Hardwicke Rawnsley, lived here and Beatrix Potter holidayed  here. This is Potter country. Today the castle is empty so  is very child friendly. It also has a stunning location by Lake Windermere.















































I'm staying in Hawkshead so a quick walk.




1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Wray Castle looks lovely Pete - good to know it is now open to the public :)

I love Hawskshead and I spy the "Honey Pot" :) I am sure I've been in that church too although many years ago. Wordsworth's Grammar School there is interesting :) as is the Beatrix Potter gallery with some of her original illustrations :)

Enjoy!! :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.