Monday, July 18, 2011

Castle Howard - Sunshine and showers

I woke to rain!! So I put my plans on hold and went to Castle Howard. That said it was a much better day today. It cleared up about 11 and with the exception of a heavy shower was dry.

I didn't go into the house just pootled around the gardens.





I should mention that the soup was Sweet Potato and chilli ginger.














As I reached the great lake the rain returned so I headed into the boat house cafe for a cuppa. When I exited the skies were blue!




















No cake today, I had a toasted tea cake!

3 comments:

Ragged Robin said...

Castle Howard looks incredibly impressive Pete. Lovely photos of beautiful gardens and I love all the statues and the barn owl carving.

It doesn't look too busy there either.

Tricia Ryder said...

Wonderful owl! and sculptures. Glad you found the sun.... and some blue sky - nice to have a picture with some in as I'd forgotten what it looked like.

There's something about Castle Howard that's so over the top - but fascinating.... I must go back one day.

oldcrow61 said...

Wonderful statues. And that Castle is indeed fascinating. Beautiful.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.