Sunday, June 14, 2009

Gadwall's at war

Another lovely day, was around dad's this morning. I ended up at Rye Meads this afternoon which is not where I had intended. Next weekend may be.

It was quiet but lots of young birds. There were young Little Greebes as well as broods of Gadwall, Mallard, Tufty (one with 15 chicks!!) and Pochard. Also a few Lapwing and a Green Sandpiper. The Terns have been turfed off of 2 of the 4 Tern rafts by the coots but seems to have got the other two well covered.

This is what happens when two broods of Gadwall chicks collide.










I think Carol wanted more barges.



Common Blue Damselfly I think.

2 comments:

Tricia Ryder said...

Crikey - feathers certainly were flying there!

Like the grass seed heads.

Think it's quiet for birds in most places at the mo - more's the pity!

holdingmoments said...

I must get back to Rye Meads myself some time. Nice place.
Good capture with the squabble.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.