Friday, June 19, 2009

Duck Tale!

When I saw this story I thought it was perfect for the blog! Do check the video on the page.

Crispie the Aylesbury Duck was abandoned by her mother and Terri Seabright manager of the Mill at Gordleton (near Lymington in the new forest) has adopted her.

Terri has taught Crispie to swim and takes Crispie to the Mill. Crispie is such a star that she her own web page and there are people who only book tables if Crispie is visiting that day. Crispie only features Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday Lunchtimes and the web page gives dates of planned absences!!

When I'm in the New Forest next May (holiday ALREADY planned :D, want to go to the Isle of Wight) I am going to have to visit.

4 comments:

oldcrow61 said...

I just love stories like this. Yes Pete, you must go there.

ShySongbird said...

What a great post Pete, and how very appropriate for you! I loved the video, if you do go (and I suspect you will ;)) you must take some pics.

Tricia Ryder said...

Aw - what a lovely rescue story and a great bird - and one that's raising money for charity - how good is that! And yes - be good to see it "for real"!

holdingmoments said...

What a great story Pete, and love that clip from the link.
Top stuff.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.