Tuesday, December 02, 2008

There's a result!

I've discovered a wonderful church website! Yes only I could type that I guess.

Anyway the site is the Friends of City churches and it deals with the churches within the confines of the City of London. The City of London is the historic core of London and the boundaries have remained almost constant since the Middle Ages. London contains two old cities, the City of London and the City of Westminster.

Anyway this site contains pics of all the churches, links to the church websites and opening times. More importantly it reminded me that there is one City Church on my list I haven't visited.

Anyway Friday week I have to be off for a car service so I think a trip to London is on the cards. I can combine a visit to the Tower of London, Tower Bridge AND St Mary at Hill

5 comments:

oldcrow61 said...

Good heavens, have you really been to all but one of those churches. Beautiful structures.

The Quacks of Life said...

not all of them OC.

I meant all but one of those on my list.

KAZ said...

Well obviously 'Time Out' agrees with you.
Hope the last one comes up to expectations.

Eagleseagles said...

So where you going on Saturday?

The website is interesting. I have been to quite a lot of the churches named.
Must try to sort out a list sometime!
wonder how many Churches I have visited in the UK ?
(is it just England you do? - whats that book you follow again?)

C

The Quacks of Life said...

not decided yet C.

The Book is Simon Jenkins Englands 1000 Best Parish Churches. Its England only - but checkout tomorrows blog :D

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.